Thursday, June 2, 2011

Still Here!

Don't worry everyone, I haven't completely fallen off the face of the earth! These last two weeks have been really tough with work and deadlines. The next couple of weeks are going to be more of the same since I will now have to manage my time designing for two shows (for those of you who don't know, I am a designer at an animation studio in Vancouver). I'm still loving work, but the stress is getting to me a little bit and I'm sad that I haven't had much time to devote to the completion of my tail!

I have been making progress and I am almost completely finished the scales. Then I will need to finish the details on my flukes, then comes a bit of glitter, a lot of glue and a bit more cutting and sewing! I'm really hoping to have this done sooner rather than later, since having some practice swim time at the pool in my new tail before heading off to Vegas might be nice. Ha ha.

Also! Mum booked the flight which means that it's official! World Mermaid Awards here we come! Now if only our tickets for the events would show up... Not too concerned yet, but it has been almost two weeks (including non-business days though). I've sent an email to Sita to see if she knows what the scoop is and I hope to hear back from her soon!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Thursday! Keep on swimming!

2 comments:

  1. Now, if only those tickets would get here!
    I'm counting the days too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if our Mermaid had swam to warmer waters!

    ReplyDelete