For my very first post I am excited to announce that I've finally started work on my fourth tail fully functional swimming tail!
So far I have settled on a Selkie style tail (different from any that I have done so far) with flippers instead of a monofin and neoprene instead of spandex! I will be purchasing my materials from Spandex World and SwimOutlet.com this weekend and am really excited to get started!
I am going to be trying a lot of new techniques with this tail and am going to post pictures of my progress and concept art as I go!
I finally got the inspiration to make this next step while swimming last Wednesday. A little girl came up to me and was quite convinced that I was a Mermaid and was so excited to meet me! My current tail has turned into my prototype and I've been cutting pieces of it and making changes and fixes and all of this so you can imagine that it isn't the prettiest thing to look at at the moment. Yet this little girl believed! I was so touched!
I still have a lot of research to do and supplies to pick up, but I will keep updating with any happy finds and discoveries I make!