Monday, March 21, 2011

Lots to Report!

So I joined a Mermaid forum today which is pretty awesome! I have been looking for something like this for a long time now and am pretty excited!

I've also purchased the paint I will need and have completed my initial experiments on small pieces of the neoprene. I can safely say that this is going to be FULLY AWESOME. The paint sets really well and survived quite a bit of abuse as I tested it out! Making sure that I don't cut short the ironing time is the key!

WARNING: When ironing neoprene, NEVER use a really hot setting! You can really damage your neoprene this way! Also make sure that you always put a cotton fabric between the iron and your dried painted neoprene. I used the second to lowest setting for my tests and it worked really well!

I do have a lot more to report, but I have to get back to the pile of work on my desk!

Happy Swimming!

2 comments:

  1. Great stuff CP - I wished I was there to check it out.
    I've got things up and running with this new toy - finally got the email stuff organized and now I feel like I'm moving forward!

    The big "Mac" attack has subsided - my Mac is too cool.

    Hugs, Moo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent! Good job getting everything going on your Mac! I'm glad it's all working out for you! My Mac is slowly dying... The track pad and keyboard stopped working again last night... Ha ha! I had to restart to fix the issue! My poor little Mac!

    ReplyDelete